Friday, August 26, 2011

Failings... sort of....

Mostly I fail at getting my act together.

Case and point: I had grand plans to enter many of my knitted, sewn, and baked items into the Minnesota State Fair. I started thinking about this at last years fair when I saw a coat and thought 'my winter coat is more well constructed than that.'

So this spring came around and I looked at the information booklets concerning the registration, guidelines and judging of entries. I pre-registered for the baked goods categories (baked goods are required to be pre-registered) by the deadline.

......

However, everything went downhill from there. As I was baking my baked goods the day before they were to be entered, I realized that I missed the days marked for submitting needlecraft items. Then as I'm getting ready to walk out the door with my baked goods, I realize that I forgot to print out a copy of my pre-registration receipt. I don't have a printer at home, and it was too early to go to the library and use their printer.

What really bothers me is that this is a lasting symptom of the %&@?$?@ fibromyalgia. It is becoming a major problem. And I am so tired of always being late and behind. I want to live my life and participate in it, not hobble along behind, always a free steps out of sync.

Ba humbug.

I'll start planning for the 2012 MN State Fair!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment