Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

So, a new year. I've never been one for resolutions, but there are things I want to do this year, and if I post them publicly, maybe that will give me the kick in the rear that I sometimes need.
  1. Post twice a month. At minimum. I craft plenty, I just need to be more dilligent about sharing it.
  2. Sew one item worthy of entering at the MN State Fair. Bonus if it's displayed, double bonus if there's a ribbon on it.
  3. Crochet one item worthy of entering the MN State Fair. Bonus if it's displayed, double bonus if there's a ribbon on it.
  4. Knit 10 items off my Ravelry queue.
  5. Learn a new technique or two. I have my eye on brioche knitting for starters. Maybe expand my embroidery skills?

The drop-off deadline for the fair is mid-August, so I better get planning and crafting.  I haven't made goals about knitting items at the fair, that's a given. I'm thinking a shawl (or two) and a pair of color work mittens for starters. Will try for a pair of socks as well. Again- note the mid-August deadline.

My yarn stash is at a comfortable level. I have enough to get started with goal number four. I could probably accomplish that entirely from my stash, but don't want to limit myself that much yet.

I even have an idea for my next post: The immediate family has gotten/will get a new hat/headband Pictures and stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment