Sunday, February 25, 2018

So, this blogging thing...

It's been almost two years since my last post. I've been doing a lot of knitting, some sewing, but have not been spending much time on the internet. OK, not much time on the internet outside of Ravelry, but how else does a knitter keep projects organized?

I've been working overnights at an awesome bakery for the past 9 months, and as of January, I'm a full time student as well. After dealing with ill family, and my own chronic illness, I found a nutrition program at a local higher education institution. This semester I'm finishing up the pre-requisites that my bachelors degree didn't cover, and after I've completed the term, I'll be able to apply to the program. 

Carrying a full time hours as work plus full time credit load, plus care-taking responsibilities means I don't have much time for sewing, but I almost always have knitting in my purse or backpack. Socks are my go-to project nowadays. My current pattern is Salto, in the now discontinued color of Cranberry of Stroll Glimmer, though it looks like they have new colors. It's got more twist than the regular stroll I've worked with, but the Stellina just seems to make the sock look linty more than sparkly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment